Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Don't be afraid!

Do you feel like you have gotten yourself into an artistic rut with no way out?

We have all been there at one point or another. It is just one of those times we need to step outside ourselves and examine what the problem might be. As artists, we get ourselves into a rut because we are afraid of "messing up". We are frightened of where our art is going so we stop short of creating that masterpiece.

DON'T BE AFRAID!

One of my absolute joys for painting comes from the fact that I might mess up, I might create something I completely and utterly hate. Well you know what you do then? You just keep painting, adding paper, or scribbling thought provoking words over the "mess". There is always a way to make something beautiful out of something seemingly not so beautiful!

The best art comes from letting God show you where He wants your piece to go, afterall He is the MASTER ARTIST. What better guide do you need than Him? He composed the most elaborate masterpiece of all, the world. You know how long it took Him... 6 days. Did He know exactly what it would look like? Maybe. Did He trust that everything would turn out like it should? Yes. Did He let anything stop Him from completing His work? No. Trust Him... Let Him guide your every stroke... He will not let you down. Sometimes the trials that we face, whether its on canvas or in the world, are God's ways of testing our faith. (James 1, NASB) Persevere through every trial, no matter how big or small, you will not regret a single moment of it!

This was that piece for me yesterday:
Turned out beautiful in the end... TRUST!

Hugs & <3's

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice to meet you here! I am so glad you have decided to use just a few moments from your busy life to see what my life may offer your's. I am new to the blog world and love hearing from new people and seeing what I might be able to do to give my blog its full potential. Thank you for coming and I look forward to learning from you.
See you soon! Same place... new time.
HE>i