Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Springs of Life

Proverbs 4:23
Watch over your heart with all diligence,
For from it flow the springs of life
NASB

This verse came to mind while my sweetheart and I were taking a walk yesterday and came across these beautiful streams (granted they are man made but let's pretend they aren't).

God calls us to watch over our hearts. Can you even begin to imagine why? From my experience and through the things I have been taught it is because that is where evil will take rest, if you give it any kind of a foot hold.

Our heart is where Satan tries with all his might to bring us down because it is within that heart that the Lord, Himself, lives. And as we all, may or may not, know Satan believes in the Lord but despises everything He stands for. It is for this very reason that he tries, and tries again, to have any kind of a hold on our lives. That hold can be big or small, but to him it's all he needs to "work his magic" (as I am sure that is what he believes it to be).

Proverbs 4 has A LOT of amazing words to speak over you today. I encourage you to just soak it all in, to take a few minutes and listen to what God is trying to tell you. Sometimes we let the world consume us so much we forget WHO we are here to serve and WHAT we were instructed to do with our precious time. Proverbs 4 ends by saying, "25...let your gaze be fixed straight in front of you. 26 Watch the path of your feet and all your ways will be established. 27 Do not turn to the right nor to the left; Turn your foot from evil."

Those are some wise words to live by, wouldn't you say. Remember, God knows every path you will take before you take it. He has every circumstance already outlined before you even know about it. He has your ENTIRE future planned... all you have to do is follow Him. Easy to say... hard to do sometimes. The eternal gift is going to be so worth all the work!

I hope and pray these words inspired you today as you continue to press on through your week. If you need anything or need me to pray for anything please open up to me, I am here for YOU.

Hugs & <3's

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's so nice to meet you here! I am so glad you have decided to use just a few moments from your busy life to see what my life may offer your's. I am new to the blog world and love hearing from new people and seeing what I might be able to do to give my blog its full potential. Thank you for coming and I look forward to learning from you.
See you soon! Same place... new time.
HE>i