Monday, October 8, 2012

A Lesson Learned

I don't know about you but I hate those tough life lessons God throws at us sometimes. Now granted, most of the time we eventually realize that it was a lesson worth being taught.

That is how this weekend was for me; a lesson I was glad to experience because it helps my business but one that I was grunting and groaning about all along way.

My mom and I were vendors for a local Arts and Crafts Festival at a church on Saturday. We thought this would be the perfect first show for us! I spent a week and a half creating 8 more uniquely creative pieces (making 19 total pieces), and mom made/finished a few fabulously embellished scrapbook albums. We split the $30 admissions fee to be a vendor and thought we would have no problem at least making that back. Boy were we, or should I say I, was devastatingly wrong! The event lasted 5 hours and I sold not one single art piece. Mom, on the other hand, sold one scrapbook album allowing her to break even given gas and entry fee cost.

Needless to say my heart was just a wee bit broken. I had to just keep praying that God would show me a way to learn from it and realize that things like this will happen being an artist. He eventually did, and I am not discouraged any longer! As they say, there is always a silver lining and mine is now I don't have to do more pieces for my next show in November.

Early morning! 22 weeks <3



 


My wonderful man bought be a beautiful silver chain to wear my wedding set on because I can no longer wear them on my finger. Think I'll keep him around <3

Now... moving on to my next art adventure!

Hugs & <3's

1 comment:

  1. First, I love you out that you look super cute. Second, your artwork is amazing and you just gotta hang in there. Sometimes it takes a while before things get out there and get going. God is a good God and He loves you and more than anything he wants you to be prosperous. I personally think you're pretty awesome too :-) I hope to make it to the next art festival!!!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete

It's so nice to meet you here! I am so glad you have decided to use just a few moments from your busy life to see what my life may offer your's. I am new to the blog world and love hearing from new people and seeing what I might be able to do to give my blog its full potential. Thank you for coming and I look forward to learning from you.
See you soon! Same place... new time.
HE>i